Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

BrowseToolBar replacement

Vote:

Hi,

So I am doing an project upgrade to EPiServer 7.5+ from 7.0.

I've managed to fix most of the references in the project so far, but I am now stuck with a UserControl that is inheriting from the EPiServer.UI.Hosting.BrowseToolBar.

This class is no longer available in 7.5 and I am trying to figure out a replacement for this class.

Does anyone know if this class has been moved to another namespace?

Or do you know a class that can be used to replace this on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Guido Terlouw

Dec 04, 2014 14:58
Vote:

Hi,

ButtonsRow was used in the VPP based File Manager in EPiServer 5, 6 and 7.

In EPiServer 7.5 the files are based as Content instead and the majority of the interface is created with the Javascript framwork Dojo instead.

Read more about Assets and media in the developer documentation: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/CMS/?Version=7.5

Scroll down to the section 'Assets and media'.

What extra features did your extension of BrowserToolBar do? Maybe they are no longer relevant in 7.5.

Dec 04, 2014 17:02
Vote:

Hi Alf,

They extended the filemanager with a button that will call a controller action and pass in the current directory of the filemanager.

The controller action imports assets from an external DAM system into the currently selected directory of the filemanager.

I'll try to find some topics on extending EPiServer CMS with Dojo and discuss this with my colleagues to find a proper solution.

Thanks for your help.

Dec 05, 2014 8:43
Vote:

Just remember that the files are supposed to be saved as IContent compared to how it worked in EPiServer 7 and earlier.

Dec 05, 2014 14:06
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.