Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Media indexing after migration -help!!

Vote:

Hi All,

I've written a migration tool to move pages from an old cms (non episerver) to episerver.

For the files/assets I copy the files into guid folders and enter the references into the various tables in the database, create the thumbnails etc.

All works fine, except the search index inside edit mode for media won't work until I change a property and save. 

Comparing the data for a good and bad media in the database it appears ok...

I'm thinking I need to add each asset to the internal store for indexing? I've tried deleting the entire index but it still wont pick up my migrated media files although everything else works.

Happy to share the migration code if anyone is interested. 

Regards,

Paul

Nov 17, 2014 21:56
Vote:

Content indexing is driven by events, e.g. when saving content. If you're not using the API (IContentRepository) to save the media files, the events are not triggered. But, there is also a hidden page in admin where you can trigger a reindex. Try to access /episerver/cms/admin/indexcontent.aspx, if that doesn't work you might have to replace /episerver/ with your custom ui url.

Nov 18, 2014 8:13
Vote:

You can also trigger the indexing by code:

var manager = new EPiServer.Search.ReIndexManager();
manager.ReIndex();
Nov 18, 2014 8:42
Vote:

Thanks Johan, It ended up being bad data from previous imports that sent it a bit silly.

I've noticed the two searches in edit mode for 7.5 don't really function that well. I've also tested this in the alloy 7.5 demo ie http://alloy75.demo.episerver.com/ and it is the same.

For example on the alloy demo, searching for "Alloy" returns "no content" when there are pages that have the name alloy.

Two questions:

1- Do we have the ability to fine tune the internal searching?

2 - Can the media search be set to return more than 3 results?

Thanks,

Paul

Nov 19, 2014 2:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.