Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable schedule jobs on a specific server in a load balanced environment

Vote:

Hi

I need to turn off scheulder jobs at the web front servers.

The classic flag "enableScheduler" could earlier be found in the episerver.config file.

Bur now all config settings are in web.config and I am not sure where to put this value now.

Please help

Fredrik

Nov 24, 2014 13:17
Vote:

You actually don't have to do that anymore. EPiServer will keep track of if the job is already started and/or is running, so there won't be any concurrency issues. But I guess there might be cases where you still want to disable them, and that I don't know how to do :(

Nov 24, 2014 20:14
Vote:

Oh btw, have you tried enableScheduler="false" on applicationSettings in episerver.config?

Edited, Nov 24, 2014 20:17
Vote:

episerver.config is gone ... that was the place I first tried.

But where is it now?

Yes, we do not want the web front servers to run the job, only the cms which is not public, and have lots of free cpu to run jobs.

Nov 24, 2014 22:56
Vote:

If the file is gone, the config section is still in web.config. configuration > episerver > applicationSettings.

<configuration>
	<episerver>
		<applicationSettings enableScheduler="false" />
	</episerver>
</configuration>
Edited, Nov 24, 2014 22:58
Vote:

Of course, thanks! 

Nov 25, 2014 13:27
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.