Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Content Overview in Admin UI

Vote:

Hi!

I am trying to figure out the "right" or at least the best way to manage custom content in EPiServer's admin.

Basically I have a bunch of custom types (IContent) and would like to have an overview page for each of these accessible somewhere in the Admin UI. Just a basic page with a "Create new"-button, a search-box and a list where the admin can see existing items. Pretty standard, but I cannot find any out of the box solution. Am I just missing a feature for this or how would you guys solve this? There will be > 1000 items, so I need a nice and clean way to find and edit these.

Cheers!

Nov 19, 2014 15:04
Vote:

Sounds like something I would implement as an admin plugin. Using MVC this is just a normal controller which you decorate with the GuiPlugIn attribute. See http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Paul-Smith/Dates1/2011/8/Creating-EPiServer-AdminEdit-Plug-ins-using-MVC. Contrary to the webforms case where there is a masterpage you can use, with MVC you have to implement your own layout but you can mimic the way standard plugins are implemented, to get the proper css and js:es for the Episerver look of buttons, sections etc.

Nov 24, 2014 1:07
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.