Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot find /UI/Admin/Default.aspx after upgrade to 7.5

Vote:

Hello!

I get a 404 on /UI/Admin/Default.aspx after upgrading. My episerver dll version is 7.16.

I started the upgrade from 7.0, does anyone know what this is? I guess I need to change some configs.

Error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /UI/Admin/Default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18446

Nov 04, 2014 9:49
Vote:

Shouldn't it be <your ui path>CMS/Admin/Default.aspx?

/Q

Nov 04, 2014 10:30
Vote:

Nov 04, 2014 10:30
Vote:

Thank you, that was a part of it. Now I get this: (Is it some files missing in my installation or modules/packages folder?)

Server Error in '/' Application.

The file '/UI/MasterPages/Frameworks/Framework.Master' does not exist.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/UI/MasterPages/Frameworks/Framework.Master' does not exist.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/UI/MasterPages/Frameworks/Framework.Master' does not exist.]
   System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) +9890876
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +475
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +103
   System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +148
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +54
   System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +14
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +45
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +335

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18446

Nov 04, 2014 12:16
Vote:

Hi,

Make sure you have file EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.zip in \modules\_protected\CMS. I suspect it's missing or corrupted. You can find it on \packages\EPiServer.CMS<version>\content\modules\_protected\CMS

/Q

Nov 04, 2014 12:21
Vote:

I don't seem to have a \packages\EPIServer.CMS<version>\ folder. The closest is \packages\EPiServer.CMS.Core.<version>. I have, however, the zip in \modules\_protected\CMS, but it might be corrupted as you said.

Nov 04, 2014 12:25
Vote:

Sorry, I accidentally deleted the UI part, it's EPiServer.CMS.UI<version>

Nov 04, 2014 12:27
Vote:

It didn't help. Now I am wondering if 

'/UI/MasterPages/Frameworks/Framework.Master'

is the right url in epi 7.5?

I can't seem to find any indication in my folder structure that it should be.

I can find that page on other paths in the episerver installation folder, but not the one metioned above. That is if the url and folder structure is mapped 1:1.

Should EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.zip be unzipped?

Edited, Nov 04, 2014 12:37
Vote:

No, CMS works fine with the zip. - and yes, it should be "/CMS/MasterPages/Frameworks/Framework.Master" instead of "UI". I guess I know your isse, you need to open the episerver.config file and change the attribute uiUrl in applicationSettings to "~/<Your path>/CMS/" instead of  "~/<Your path>/UI/" 

/Q

Nov 05, 2014 2:59
Vote:

I solved it yesterday :) Thanks for the help! The issue was in episerver.config. I switched out the whole epi 7 site settings, with the new applicationSettings node. I think the URL was correct anyway though, not quite sure. Anyway, removing the <sites><site>... node  and adding <applicationSettings>... solved it. A lot of the things in the <sites> node are now defined in edit mode, and saved in the database, as opposed to defined in the config file.

Nov 05, 2014 8:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.