Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot delete pages from CMS

Vote:

Hi,

We have a number of pages in the CMS that we cannot delete (move to Trash) - if we highlight a page in the Root, click Move to Trash - the page goes white and a Loading gif pops up for about 40seconds then disappears, the page refreshes and the page is still there with nothing in the trash. Some of these pages have child pages and others do not.

Some pages move to trash ok in the root which is odd.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jon

Nov 11, 2014 16:46
Vote:

If you look at the javascript requests (e.g. F12 in Chrome) is there anyone failing and if so does it reveal any callstack?

Nov 11, 2014 16:52
Vote:

There is an error - unable to load admin/cms/Stores/contentreferences status 500 - but we get this error even on the pages that do delete.

How ever we do get this error too: Content with GUID XXXXX can not be found

Jon

Nov 11, 2014 16:59
Vote:

Do you have a missmatch with the guid in the model and the database for certain contenttypes?

Nov 11, 2014 21:56
Vote:

Do you have any eventhandlers defined for moving/deleting a page?
For example:
DataFactory.Instance.MovingPage += InstanceMovingPage;
DataFactory.Instance.DeletedPage += InstanceDeletedPage;

Nov 12, 2014 7:34
Vote:

Hi,

Eric - Im not sure how I would check this - besides this happens to a number of pages and I dont expect our client to know how to check this themselves. If this is the case how would this happen?

Henrik - No, we dont use eventhandlers.

I have duplicated a page that is having this issue and when the duplicated page is published I can delete it.

I can also move the page that has this issue to a different section in the root and still I cant delete it.

Thanks,

Jon

Nov 12, 2014 10:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.