Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Thumbnails in CMO not working after upgrade

Vote:

After we upgraded to EPiServer 7.5 and CMO 7.5 (I have updated to the latest version released last week) we can not see any thumbnails in the A/B-section anymore.

The error we get in the logs are:

ERROR EPiServer.Cmo.Cms.ThumbnailHandler.CmoThumbnailHandler.TryRequestPageThumbnail: Unexpected error during communication with remote thumbnail service
System.ArgumentException: Parameter not valid.
vid System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
vid EPiServer.Cmo.Cms.ThumbnailHandler.CmoThumbnailHandler.GetImageFromStream(Stream stream)
vid EPiServer.Cmo.Cms.ThumbnailHandler.CmoThumbnailHandler.TryRequestPageThumbnail(ThumbParams thumbParams, Image& image)

Oct 27, 2014 9:46
Vote:

Hi Henrik, no changes in configuration of thumbnails? This just started after upgrading to the new package release last week?

Oct 28, 2014 0:22
Vote:

Hey Richly
No, this has been all the time since we upgraded to 7.5 a couple of month ago, but I have not started to use it until now because of the MVC-bug

Oct 28, 2014 10:59
Vote:

I've seen a similar error in the past, but couldn't quite get a firm resolution on it. One guess is *could* be some security issue - http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/EPiServer-CMO/CMO-20/Configuring-the-Thumbnail-Service-on-Windows-Service-2008-R2/. 

Oct 28, 2014 21:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.