Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with EPiTrace after upgrade

Vote:

A while ago we updated a site with CMO and LiveMonitor to EPiServer 7.5, the upgrade was a little messy so the upgrade of LiveMonitor did not go by the standard way. I checked the upgrade script and run the sql command it was going to do and updated the nuget package.

Now I get a lot of these errors in the log so it seems like I have missed something, anyone got a clue what?

1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Procedure or function 'epitraceRegisterVisit' expects parameter '@LanguageId', which was not supplied.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at EPiServer.Trace.CMS.Services.TransferRepository.<>c__DisplayClass1.b__0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlDatabaseHandler.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlDatabaseHandler.<>c__DisplayClass7`1.b__6()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlTransientErrorsRetryPolicy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 method)
at EPiServer.Trace.CMS.Services.TransferRepository.AddTransfer(VisitorMessageData hit)
at EPiServer.Trace.CMS.Web.TrackingHandler.ProcessTrackingRequest(HttpContextBase context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
ClientConnectionId:67048cbf-4b4f-4616-8424-a41b7d73e83c

Oct 29, 2014 15:59
Vote:

I see now that the problem is that sometimes the url that is passed along to the tracing looks like this:

http://customerurl/TrackerHandler.ashx?pageId=3&amp;languageId=sv

Where there is &amp; instead of just &.

Any clues on why there is like that?

Nov 17, 2014 8:24
Vote:

Are there not anyone else who have this problem?

Dec 01, 2014 21:23
Vote:

Dec 02, 2014 7:00
Vote:

Thanks Linus, I will try that, hope it works together with EPiServer CMO.

Dec 02, 2014 12:37
Vote:

Linus, this is the only one I find on the nuget feed, or are there a special feed for AddOn's?
https://nuget.episerver.com/en/OtherPages/Package/?packageId=EPiServer.LiveMonitor

This is the old one

Dec 02, 2014 13:03
Vote:

Yes, that's the package. Unfortunately, I was not aware of us having the CMO version of the package in the official feed, so the new version has the lowest number (1.0.2.716). We are investigating if we can just upgrade the version number of the new package and if this will enable us to simply upgrade the package or not. For now, you could try removing your existing version and explicitly installing the 1.0.2.716 version.

Dec 02, 2014 13:23
Vote:

Ok, I have to wait then since CMO depends on "EPiServer.LiveMonitor (≥ 7.5.446.2 && < 8.0)" so I can not remove and replace with a lower number.

Dec 02, 2014 13:29
Vote:

Ok, we will investagate and get back to you once we know if we can simply upgrade the version number.

Dec 02, 2014 13:30
Vote:

Thanks!

Dec 02, 2014 13:37
Vote:

Linus, any news on this?

Dec 11, 2014 7:48
Vote:

Hi!

We are still working on this and plan to have a working solution as well as good documention on how to do a fresh install as well as upgrading an existing solution within a few weeks.

Jan 14, 2015 12:34
Vote:

Ok, thanks Linus!

Jan 14, 2015 12:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.