Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New Asset Manager

Vote:

Hello,

I've just installed 7.5 with Relate and it all looks ok so far, it's nice that the new Asset Manager is now consistent with page/block editing.

With the old VPP it was possible to create a custom file summary for specified folders. Is this still the case for the new asset manager? I would assume so and that we would create a base class somewhere as for page/block types?

Can anyone confirm or deny this and if confirming point to some documentation on this or provide an example?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Dec 09, 2013 12:28
Vote:

Yes, meta data is added as properties, just as for other content. See the example content types for media in the sample projects (Alloy Web Forms/MVC) for examples of usage.

Dec 09, 2013 13:12
Vote:

Thanks Linus, presumably it determines which content type to use based on the MediaDescriptor and if it doesn't match uses the GenericFile class? Is there any way to specify which media types should be used?

I foresee a scenario where custom meta data is required for all assets in a specified folder rather than applying to all assets in the site.

Mark

Dec 09, 2013 13:54
Vote:

The current support makes it possible to determine the content type depending on the file extension through an attribute on the media type(s). I've already heard the need to be able to select a content type to create first, and then append a file to it (say that you want to have two different content types for images with different meta data). This isn't, however, something that we support out of the box at the moment (and I'm not sure if it's possible to do with configuration/additional code)-

Dec 09, 2013 13:57
Vote:

Thanks for the clarification, that could be problematic for our scenario as we would probably need different meta data across different folders. Can I request that this is considered for any future feature updates?

Thanks again,

Mark

Dec 09, 2013 14:54
Vote:

I have forwarded this to the development team and product manager.

Dec 10, 2013 12:46
Vote:

Thanks Linus,

Mark

Dec 10, 2013 12:50
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.