Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Searching for Internally Linked Pages?

Vote:

I have a question: is there a way to find all of the pages that are internally link to a specific page within epi? I'm updating a site and will be completely reconfiguring pages and I would like to fix all links to the new pages now instead of waiting for people to tell me where the broken links are down the road. I would prefer not to have to scan every individual page (we're talking thousands of pages here) for links. I tried searching this question and nothing was really coming up. Does anyone know if this is a thing or if there's another way?

Edited, May 24, 2018 20:02
Vote:

Hello Elizabeth

If the pages are linked internally using content references then they should automatically update when pages are moved in the tree - though it should be noted that external links will be affected as the external URL will change.

If you want to see content that links to a page then you can use the content repository GetReferencesToContent method.

David

May 25, 2018 11:53
Vote:

Hi Elizabeth,

Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, internal links in Episerver are stored as references to pieces of content and rewritten as the page is rendered so, if you're dealing with internal links, you shouldn't get any broken links as a result of moving pages around the site.

If you want to find out which pages link to which other pages there's a database table called "tblContentSoftlink" which keeps track of what links to what else so, for example, if you wanted to find out which pages link to a page with ID = 456, you could run the following query:

SELECT * FROM tblContentSoftlink where ContentLink = '456'

In this instance the IDs in the column fkOwnerContentId represent the pages which link to page 456.

The contents of this table are also exposed through the ContentSoftLinkRepository though pretty much all methods on that class are marked as Internal and hence subject to change without warning.

I seem to recall that someone wrote a gadget which shows some of this information but I can't find it right now.

Finally, there is a report in the Episerver reports section called "Link Status" which will tell you about broken links on the site. If you're going to use this, make sure it's configured correctly and ensure the Link Validation scheduled job has run recently beforehand. You can find out more info here:

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/configuration/Configuring-link-validation/

May 25, 2018 12:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.