Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link Status Report Won't Clear

Vote:

We're running a Link Validation process daily and it seems to be adding a new copy of the the found lins to itself every day, running the number of "broken" links up rapidly. The Link Status report is getting unmanageably big. Is there a way to clear it and start from scratch?

Let me know if I should move this question to a different forum.

Ernest

Oct 22, 2013 22:13
Vote:

Which EPiServer version? The LinkValidation tool is included with both CMS 6 and 7 but the logs are stored a bit differently.

CMS6: The LinkValidation tool uses the database table tblPageSoftLink to store its log. The columns LastCheckedDate, LinkStatus and FirstDateBroken will indicate the results of the link validation. Rows where FirstDateBroken is not NULL and LinkStatus=2 are broken links. 

Reset the value of these fields to NULL and the validation report should be reset. Always backup your database first.

CMS7: Same procedure, but the table name is tblContentSoftLink.

CMS 5 and 4: There are tools to reindex your pages (which should reset the LinkStatus and FirstBrokenDate columns).

Oct 24, 2013 9:29
Vote:

Arlid. CMS7, which I should have added. Thanks, though, that's just what I needed to know. - Ernest

Oct 29, 2013 17:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.