Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Login Problem

Vote:

Hi, When I create an EpiServer User everything seems to go fine, except I can't log in as that user. I set the group as WebEditor/WebAdmin and given the users various rights on different sections of my site. But when I log out and try to log in as that user nothing happens. The login page just keeps reloading and no error messages are displayed.
May 08, 2007 10:29
Vote:

Start to check that the user account are Activated. It is a checkbox to mark when your are creating the user. It is also important that the guest-account on the machine (in windows) are disabled, otherwise EPiServer-user dosen't work.
May 08, 2007 14:01
Vote:

The accounts are definitely activated alright, but I'll check your other suggestion. Cheers.
May 08, 2007 14:52
Vote:

Yes the windows guest account was the problem.
May 08, 2007 15:22
Vote:

Hmm? Guest account? IUSR_machine?? My scenario: I have a public site, under which I want to add restricted pages for some clients. editors etc. groups use windows authentication, but I want additional accounts for EPiServer without adding them to AD. I created a user, gave it rights to a particular page, but I get IIS 401.1. username/password triplechecked.
Nov 28, 2007 10:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.