Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Development vs Editor

Vote:

Hi,

I am very new to EPiServer. The company I work for is implementing epi CMS with Commerce and i am very interested in understanding what is achievable within the front-end cms editor and what type of change requires back-end code development?

We have an implementation partner who is building the first commerce site on our behalf from our requirements but then it is envisaged that we as a company will update and maintain the site.

Any information you have on the editor vs developer split would be much appriciated.

Sep 09, 2020 16:09
Vote:

That depends on the implementation done by the implementation partner.

Sep 09, 2020 17:44
Vote:

Nathan - As Tomas mentioned, it all depends on implementation done by the implementation partner. Normally implementation partners do training and on-boarding before Go-Live but it really depends on your contract.

In general,

Content editors (could be more than 1) edit content on cms

merchandiser create products and responsible of product prices/promotions etc (Although sometimes content editors help them to add content blocks on catalogue pages etc)

Administrtators : They are responsible of administering website. Schedule jobs, any tools, Site wide settings etc

Developers: Develop the code for further enhancements. 

In practice above roles could be more and less depends on organization structure. 

Feb 08, 2021 14:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.