Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Different footers on different sub-sites?

Vote:

Is it possible to have different footers (different content or even different colours/appearance and content) on different sub-sites (within same main site)?

For example: Footer A on www.qwerty.com/a and Footer B on www.qwerty.com/b 

Aug 29, 2017 9:25
Vote:

Yes. Episerver is a framework where you (or your developers/partner) are responsible for defining and develop content types and views. Everything is possible, almost. 

Aug 29, 2017 15:15
Vote:

Thank you for your reply. Just to be clear: I meant that you only have a single license, and that you create different footers on different sub-sites within that same license.

I guess that's how you interpreted it and that the answer is still the same; that it's possible and just a matter of how you define and develop the conent types/views. Right?

Edited, Sep 01, 2017 13:28
Vote:

The license is bound to a server or instances (in the cloud) and also contain the number of websites you can have. A sub-site (child page, sub folder or whatever you call it :)) is not a website, so it doesn't count against the number of websites in the license. A website is something you create in Episerver admin mode and each website has its own startpage, i.e. cannot be a sub-page to an already configured website.

Sep 01, 2017 13:36
Vote:

Thank you for your quick reply! Okey, I thought that one license only could contain one website, and that if you wanted several websites you had to buy several licenses. Originally, I wanted several websites, but because I thought that several websites meant several licenses, I started looking in to the option of having them as sub-sites within a website, and what limitations that meant for the design of the sub-sites (for example regarding the footer). 

Hope I'm making myself clear :) 

Sep 01, 2017 13:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.