Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to configure EPiserver with IIS

Vote:

Hi Experts,

Please help me.

I am new in EPiServer. I just wnat to know how to configure a new web site in IIS with under EPiserver.

And I want to know how to move Episerver one location to another.

Thanks,

Navneet

Feb 24, 2014 8:57
Vote:

Which version of IIS / EPiServer are you using? Did you already try to set up an EPiServer website under IIS and got an error and which one?

Feb 25, 2014 11:40
Vote:

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I am using IIS 7.5 and EPIServer 6.0 . ( In our enviorment EPiserver and IIS server move one location to another) So i just want to     know the procedure.

2. Yes I tried to setup EPiServer website under IIS and configure test website. ( I just to confirm i am correct.) Please correct me.

Using Deployment Center- Install Site and SqL Server Database for configure new web site.

Sample URL after complete the steps

Feb 25, 2014 12:04
Vote:

Hi!

So you have an old EPiServer installation and want to move the site to a different server? Have you considered exporting and importing the site and application pool in the IIS? Could be worth looking into.

//Mathias

Feb 25, 2014 13:05
Vote:

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i want move old EPiServer to new location and i know the process  exporting and importing on IIS.

I Just want to the process on EPiServer side.

Thanks,

Navneet

Feb 25, 2014 13:13
Vote:

Hm, should work if you install the proper version of EPiServer on the new server, copy the wwwroot and VPPs, and import the IIS site. Mind that you get all the paths right in the configuration files and give proper directory-access-rights to the application pool user. Also check the configuration files of the services if you encounter problems with them; path should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Services. The indexing service will for instance need a connectionString so it can access your db. You may also need a new license if what it's bound to has changed.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope it helps!

//Mathias

Feb 27, 2014 10:04
Vote:

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for give me time.

I will do the same. if i am stuck anywhere than connect you latter.

Thanks,

Navneet

Feb 27, 2014 10:09
Vote:

Hi!

No problem :) Let me know if you need help.

//m

Feb 27, 2014 10:10
Vote:

Hi Mathias,

Hope All is Well !

Need your help. I did a test. I install new system on VM and create its VM Backup and restore it. After restore its IP-Address and hostname i chaged.

Now on resotred VM EPiserver giving license error. Please have a look and advice me.

Mar 29, 2014 9:25
Vote:

Good morning!

The license files are bound either to the server's MAC address or IP address, so if the one that your file is using has changed you will need a new license file (if you are unable to change the MAC/IP back that is). If it is your developing environment you can get a new license bound to the correct address here: https://license.episerver.com/ but if it is a production machine you may have to talk to EPi to get it sorted properly; I don't believe you can get other than dev/test licenses from that site.

//Mathias

Mar 31, 2014 7:40
Vote:

Thanks Mathias!

I will look into this. This is very good information for me.

Mar 31, 2014 8:24
Vote:

No problem! Let me know how it goes :)

//Mathias

Mar 31, 2014 8:27
Vote:

Sure i will tell you... :)

Mar 31, 2014 8:41
Vote:

Hi Mathias,

I hope All is well!

Thanks for your support, I migrated  server one location to another. I did only changes on web.config, episerver.config file, only hostname and DB server name.

and about episerver license, epi provide us license MAC or IP based as per requirment.

Thanks,

Navneet

Jul 08, 2014 11:41
Vote:

Hi Navneet!

Glad to hear that you've got it all working!

Cheers!

// Mathias

Jul 09, 2014 6:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.