Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link default language

Vote:

We have globalized site with two languages set up. When inserting a link through the Editor the language property dropdown is set to English by default. If the editor doesn't change the option to 'Automatically' when creating the link, it means a user browsing the site in the alternative language can be be switched back to the English version when following a link with hte language hardcoded. If they select 'Automatically' everything works fine, but they don't always remember to do this.

Is there any way to set the default option in the Language dropdown to Automatically?

Jan 09, 2011 17:20
Vote:

I looked at the HyperLinkProperties.aspx and tried to change the default selected value, but couldn't. So I don't think you can do this. However, in CMS 6 the default value is automatic, so upgrading would solve your little problem ;)

Jan 10, 2011 9:50
Vote:

Thanks for showing me where to look.

I've come up with a solution, it's a bit of a hack but seems to work. I've used some javascript to set the selected item after the page loads.

document.getElementById('<%= linklanguages.ClientID %>').selectedIndex = 0;

I'll leave this on our testing environment for a while and see how it goes.

Jan 10, 2011 17:38
Vote:

Great! I knew someone would come along and hack something together. :)

Jan 11, 2011 8:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.