Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiFileUpload Error [409] overwriting existing file CMS5 R2

Vote:

I am currently running CMS5 R2, and I have "Allow advanced upload of files using for example drag-and-drop" enabled. I have no problems with uploading files that do not currently exist in the file manager. I have a problem with I try to upload an existing file that I want to overwrite. It gives me a [409] error and I'm not sure how to resolve. This problem only happens when I use the drag and drop feature. If I try to drag an existing file, I get this error. However, if I click the "Add new file" icon, then browse for a file it will upload and overwrite the existing file with no problems.

This can be a pain when trying to overwrite multiple files and I would just like to drag multiple files into the file manager and have them upload and overwrite existing files. Is anyone else gettting this error?

Sep 04, 2009 14:14
Vote:

Oh, and I am running V 5.2.375.236 if that helps.
Sep 04, 2009 14:16
Vote:

Sorry, I just read some other forum threads and someone mentioned checking the version of Client Components installed. I was running version 1.1 and I had to upgrade my Client Components to version 2.3. I am all set now. Nevermind.
Sep 04, 2009 14:22
Vote:

Hi Christine,

After quickly checking this in the same version I do not have any trouble with dragging and dropping multiple files that already exist. I get the check question whether I want to replace the files and then they are replaced.

Let me investigate this further and get back to you.

Helen

Sep 07, 2009 11:21
Vote:

Does the fact that you are all set mean that it works now? Missed that line before. :-)
Sep 07, 2009 11:21
Vote:

Thanks Helen. Yes, after I upgraded the Client Components to the 2.3 version then it works now. I was still using version 1.1 because I upgraded from EPiServer 4.62 to 5 R2.
Sep 08, 2009 13:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.