Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple drag and drop file upload in Filemanager - not working

Vote:

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere but I have searched and searched to see if there is any report of this problem - but found nothing.

Dragging a group of image files on to  filemanager to do multiple upload just causes the first of the images to display in the browser window, rather than add to the file manager.

I have checked that the user has the appropriate access un Admin->Config->Permissions for functions.

When dragging IE shows a shortcut icon just prior to dropping, Firefox and Chrome show a small + icon, but all just display the first file in the group as an image in the window.

Is it something obvious? 

Aug 17, 2009 4:19
Vote:

I managed to do this without any problem at all in 5.2.375.133. Which version are you running on? If I remember rightly, there was a problem when dragging and dropping to the file manager in 5.1. The files had to be dropped right at the top of the file manager, above even the first folder, if you have any. Try this and get in touch again if it doesn't help. (I'm presuming you have installed the latest version of the Client Components.)

Aug 17, 2009 22:27
Vote:

Thanks.  The presumption was the clue.  Client Components were not re-installed after a machine reimage.  Hopefully this will help others.
Aug 18, 2009 3:27
Vote:

Great stuff! Glad to have helped.
Aug 18, 2009 20:49
Vote:

Yes thanks.  Actually, I believe rather than re-image (which was a long while ago) it was upgrade of browser (IE6->7, slow moving corporation) that dropped the active-X activations.  Something to be wary of perhaps.

Aug 18, 2009 23:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.