Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

problem with web.config and <sites>

Vote:

I have got the following problem with the web.config file. For some reason ÉPiServer thinks that I have got multiple sites, so it tells me to give the site a unique ID so I do, then it forces me to add sitehosts node I do but then it tells me that I need a enterprise license. So the question is how can I tell EPi that this is the only site there is, or is there another way to get around the problem, I have given a section of the web.config file and the error message given when I have done a change to it.

I have got a developer license. F

<sites>

<site siteId="unknown" description="Test site">

<siteSettings categoryId="1" ... />

</site>

</sites>

Two or more sites have the same siteId 'unknown' in <site>. The siteId must be unique for each site

<sites>

<site siteId="unknown1" description="Test site">

<siteSettings categoryId="1" ... />

</site>

</sites>

Only one <site> section without a <siteHosts> element is allowed. A <siteHosts> <add name="*" /> </siteHosts> is the same as not defining a siteHosts element.

<sites>

<site siteId="unknown" description="Test site">

<siteHosts>

<add name="http://localhost:6666/Testing/" />

</siteHosts>

<siteSettings categoryId="1" .../>

</site>

</sites>

web.config contains more than one <settings> section. This requires an Enterprise license.

May 20, 2009 10:35
Vote:

Sounds like you might have a web.config above your site directory, which could be the case if you've installed in a virtual directory or some such.

You web.config will be merged with any web.configs above (in the folder structure) your site root.

Jun 01, 2009 13:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.