Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Office add-in creates blank pages

Vote:

I'm trying to publish documents from Word 2007 to an EPiServer 5 website. I type the content into Word, save the file as a .doc file, and click Publish to EPiServer. Everything works until I see a preview of the page that has been created on the website. It's blank!

After 2 hours of searching through EPiServer world I finally figured out that the office add-in is trying to put my page content into a page property called MainBody. And, as in my case, if your pages don't have a property called MainBody, the office add-in simply creates a blank page for you.

Please let me know if there is a way that I can configure this behaviour.

Mar 17, 2009 12:47
Vote:

Hi. I think you can configure this with help from tech note on office integration.
Mar 17, 2009 14:10
Vote:

Thanks Cristian. The customisation section had the information I was after.

For anyone else who is not sure what to do... I had to add an episerverModules section to web.config to override the default configuration.

<episerverModules>

<officeIntegration>

<filters>

<filter pageTypes="*" extensions="*" src="WordHtml.config" />

</filters>

<wizards>

<wizard pageTypes="21,22" extensions="xls,doc,docx" src="MyConfigFile.config" />

<wizard pageTypes="*" extensions="*" src="Default.config" />

</wizards>

<scripts>

<script pageTypes="*" extensions="doc,docx" src="EPiServer.Word.wsc" />

<script pageTypes="*" extensions="xls,xlsx" src="EPiServer.Excel.wsc" />

<script pageTypes="*" extensions="ppt,pptx" src="EPiServer.PowerPoint.wsc" />

</scripts>

</officeIntegration>

</episerverModules>

I added a new wizard section. Notice the property pageTypes refers to page type IDs. Hover the mouse over a page type in admin mode to see the page ID in the URL.

I also had to create a separate config file and place it in UI/OfficeIntegration/wizard/. The xml is below. Notice the targetProperty is my own (default is MainBody).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<wizard name="Default" targetProperty="MainContent">

<step name="MetaData" title="Meta data">

<property name="PageName" />

<property name="PageStartPublish" />

<property name="PageStopPublish" />

<property name="MainIntro" />

</step>

<step name="Done" title="Done" customcontrol="./Done.ascx" />

</wizard> 

Mar 18, 2009 11:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.