Version: Episerver CMS Migration Tool RC1 Date: June 9, 2008
Episerver CMS Migration Tool RC1 is used to migrate Episerver CMS 4.62 sites to Episerver CMS 5 SP2. It is however VERY important to note that there are a large number of requirements that must be met before considering migrating to Episerver CMS 5 SP2.
If the Episerver CMS 4.62 site to migrate uses the unified file system EPiServer.FileSystem.Mapping.PageDirectoryMapping, download the updated EPiServer.Legacy4.dll and deploy it to the source CMS 5SP2 site's /bin directory. Make sure that it also gets installed in the GAC. This can be done via drag-and-drop to C:\WINDOWS\assembly or by using the gacutil tool before starting migration.
Preparing for Migration
The following steps outline some of the steps involved when preparing an Episerver CMS 4 site for migration. More detailed information about all of these steps can be found in the Migration Tool technical note.
- Upgrade CMS 4 site to Episerver CMS 4.62 and back up the database.
- Install an unmodified CMS 5 SP2 site and the migration tool on the same machine as the sites.
- Remove any custom tables added in the database with constraints towards any Episerver CMS tables.
- Remove or convert any Form properties to XForm properties.
- Exclude any file systems that you don't want to migrate.
- Remove old page versions.