EPiFields is an add-on function to EPiServer, which gives editors/authors the possibility to insert variable data into the Editor. This is especially useful when you want to show data from other systems on a normal EPiServer page.
Make sure that you have installed Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2005 before following the instructions below. It can be downloaded from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb265237.aspx.
- Save EPiServer.Fields.ASPNET2_0.zip to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file and copy all the files under the /WebRoot folder to the root of your EPiServer Web site. This will add:
- images to the /util/images/editor folder,
- language files to the /lang folder,
- EPiServerFields folders to the /edit and /admin folders,
- EPiServer.Fields.dll to the /bin folder,
- an EPiServerFields folder to the Web site root.
- If you have a version of EPiFields previous to 4.60, you must uninstall the old version by following these steps:
- Remove the following folders from your Web site root. Make sure you remove the folders with a separating dot between "EPiServer" and "Fields", and not the new folders without dots.
- In Admin mode, change the file name from "/<my site>/EPiServer.Fields..." to "/<my site>/EPiServerFields..." (without the separating dot between "EPiServer" and "Fields") for the following page types:
Change the file name by selecting each page type on the Page Type tab in Admin mode and then clicking Settings. The file name can be found on the Information tab.
- Data Provider SQL
- Data Provider HTML
- Data Provider XML
- EPiField - Ordinary Page
- EPiField - Phrase
- Integration View Page
- Remove the old EPiServer.Fields folder from your Web site root. Make sure you remove the folder with a separating dot between "EPiServer" and "Fields", and not the new folder without the dot.