EPiFields is an add-on function to EPiServer, which gives editors/authors the possibility to insert variable data into the Editor. This is especially useful when you want to show data from other systems on a normal EPiServer page.
Make sure that you have installed Service Pack 1 for Visual Studio 2005 before following the instructions below. It can be downloaded from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/bb265237.aspx.
- Save EPiServer.Fields.ASPNET2_0.zip to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file and copy all the files under the /WebRoot folder to the root of your EPiServer Web site. This will add:
- images to the /util/images/editor folder,
- language files to the /lang folder,
- EPiServerFields folders to the /edit and /admin folders,
- EPiServer.Fields.dll to the /bin folder,
- an EPiServerFields folder to the Web site root.
- If you have a version of EPiFields previous to 4.60, you must uninstall the old version by following these steps:
- Remove the following folders from your Web site root. Make sure you remove the folders with a separating dot between "EPiServer" and "Fields", and not the new folders without dots.
- In Admin mode, change the file name from "/<my site>/EPiServer.Fields..." to "/<my site>/EPiServerFields..." (without the separating dot between "EPiServer" and "Fields") for the following page types:
- Data Provider SQL
- Data Provider HTML
- Data Provider XML
- EPiField - Ordinary Page
- EPiField - Phrase
- Integration View Page
- Remove the old EPiServer.Fields folder from your Web site root. Make sure you remove the folder with a separating dot between "EPiServer" and "Fields", and not the new folder without the dot.