Visual Studio extension for EPiServer CMS
The EPiServer Visual Studio extension is optional and adds some useful tools and sample templates to help out in the development of EPiServer CMS websites.
OPTION 1: Visual Studio Express for Web installation (for evaluation)
The quickest way to get a website up and running to demonstrate and evaluate EPiServer CMS.
- Download the EPiServer Visual Studio Express extension for CMS.
- Run the downloaded installer to add the extension to Visual Studio.
OPTION 2: Full Visual Studio version installation (for development)
A full set of templates for MVC and Web Forms to get a jump-start when developing websites. Download and double-click the file to run the installation, or install directly from Visual Studio as described below.
- To install from Visual Studio, select Tools > Extensions and Updates.
- In the extensions window, select Online, and type "episerver" in the search box.
- Select EPiServer CMS Visual Studio Extension and click Install (or "Update" if already installed).