This document describes breaking API changes for EPiServer Commerce between this version (8.0) and the previous version (7.5).
No new license should be needed. However you might get an error similar to this depending on when your license file was generated:
Current version 8.x.x.x is newer than required version 7.9999.9999
If this happens you can request a new license file from license.episerver.com. Newly generated license files allows a wider version range.
.NET Framework 4.5 required
From version 8, EPiServer Commerce requires that the project referencing it has a .NET Framework profile of 4.5 or higher.
Upgrading Commerce Manager
When upgrading Commerce Manager, ensure that you are using the latest verison of the Commerce Manager updater package.
Removed and obsoleted
Windows Workflow Foundation obsoleted
In .NET Framework 4.5, the Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) API:s have been obsoleted. Parts of EPiServer Commerce still rely on these obsoleted API:s. You may get compiler warnings about this, especially if you compile your own custom workflow activities. The EPiServer Commerce functionality that relies on WF will be superseded in future upgrades.
Common.Logging is removed
From version 8, the dependency of Common.Logging has been removed from EPiServer.Commerce. Customers using Common.Logging for their own logging are advised to either change logging to log4net or reinstall the Common.Logging NuGet package after installing Commerce 8. If you chose not to use Common.Logging, you need to ensure that no Common.Logging assemblies remain in the bin folder of the site. You can also remove the Common.Logging section in web.config.
EPiServer Common Framework has been removed from Commerce's dependencies. Depending on whether you use functionality in Common Framework or not you will need to perform some manual steps. Refer to Removing dependency on Common Framework for more information.
Interfaces, classes and methods
Obsolete interfaces, classes and methods from EPiServer Commerce 7.0 or earlier releases, have been removed.
The API:se listed below have been removed in this release.
Related to the removal of the EPiServer.Common.Framework
- PageBase.CurrentCommonUser method.
- DynamicEntity, DynamicEntityHandler, DynamicEntityProvider, ProductEntity, and ProductEntityHandler classes.
- CommentExtensions and UserExtensions classes.
- HasAccessRights, HasRemoveAccessRights, IsAdmin, IsAdminOrOwner, GetUserProfile, ToSerializable extension methods.
- Comment, RatingMessage, ProductRating, ProductComment, ProductCommentResult classes.
- IMessage, IProductRating, IProductComment interfaces.
- CommentEntityType enum.
Other removed API:s
- BinPath and SharedPath properties of the CommerceManagerSettings class.
- CatalogWebService is superseded by the new integration layer.
- SqlBlobStorageProvider.FullTextCatalog property.
- ICatalogSystem.RebuildFullTextIndexes method.
- Extension methods GetParentBundles, GetParentPackages, GetParentProducts and GetParentEntries for EntryContentBase/VariationContent have been moved to the namespace of the classes they apply to (EPiServer.Commerce.Catalog.ContentTypes).
- AdvancedFreeTextSearchPhrase and FreeTextSearchPhrase properties of the SearchParameter class.
- MetaDataContext.FullTextQueriesEnable property.
- MetaField.SetAllowSearch method.
As mentioned above, several API:s that have been obsoleted since release 7 (R3) have also been removed.
Marked as obsolete
The API:s listed below have been deprecated in this release.
- CatalogHelper class.
- EventServiceModule class.
- ProductUpdatedEventArgs class.
- All classes in this namespace have been obsoleted.
- IAssetContainer.LargeThumbnail property.
- PlugInArea class has been superseded by CommercePlugInArea.
- ICatalogEventListener interface.
- IMetaDataEventListener interface.
- Removing dependency on Common Framework
- Database changes for Commerce inventory service
- Upgrading to .NET Framework 4.5
Last updated: Oct 20, 2016