Upgrading EPiServer CMO with CMS 8
It's recommended to upgrade the website to .NET Framework 4.5 and update NuGet packages to corresponding 7.5.x version:
- EPiServer.CMS.Core should be updated to 7.14 or later version.
- CMO should be updated to 7.5.446.2 or later version.
- It is recommended to run the following command in order to move all the protected modules and add-ons (including CMO and Live Monitor) to a new location in the /modules/_protected directory:
- Update EPiServer CMS platform and CMO by running the Update-Package commands. Make sure that you run the Update-Package EPiServer.Cmo first for correct update order:
- Update the CMS database to the latest version by running the following command:
- Optional: Install the latest Live Monitor package. The new EPiServer CMO doesn't have a direct dependency on Live Monitor. Live Monitor package for EPiServer 7.5 may be removed by NuGet when upgrading the CMO package to the latest version.
- Optional: Configure Live Monitor and related components as described in the Configuring .Net SignalR article.
Basically you need to add assembly redirects for SignalR components and define EPiServerLiveMonitorOWINStartup as a startup value.
This step is required only if you have the latest Live Monitor installed.
- Rebuild the solution.
Last updated: Oct 20, 2016