Last updated: Sep 27 2018
Install and configure tracking
This topic describes how to get started with installation and configuration of tracking for Episerver Commerce and CMS data to any source.
How it works
Use tracking to provide personalized product, content and search recommendations, and to visualize data for business intelligence purposes. You can track data to Episerver Profile Store, to the recommendation service for Commerce products and CMS content, or to any business intelligence store, as described here.
As part of the onboarding for the tracking service, Episerver sends the required subscription keys and tracking URLs to the technical contact for your project. Use the keys to configure the tracking for your websites. Contact Episerver for questions regarding the onboarding process.
Depending on your setup (CMS/Commerce), add NuGet packages as listed below.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Core. Generic package for all tracking.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Cms. Base classes for tracking of CMS data.
- EPiServer.Tracking.PageView. Native integration for tracking of CMS data.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Commerce. Native integration for tracking of Commerce data.
See Installing Episerver about installing NuGet packages for your site.
Depending on your setup (CMS/Commerce), continue to adding tracking configuration.
- See Tracking API about using the generic tracking API.
- See Page view tracking about configuring data tracking for a CMS site.
- See Product tracking about configuring data tracking for a Commerce site.