This topic describes the integration of Optimizely Search & Navigation with Optimizely Commerce. The integration ensures that, after you implement search features, Search & Navigation treats Commerce catalog content like regular content.
Note: The integration requires Optimizely Commerce version 8.8 or higher. Also note that Optimizely Search & Navigation was formerly known as Episerver Find.
- EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider. Integration with Optimizely Commerce back-end parts using the Find (Search & Navigation) search provider.
- EPiServer.Find.Commerce. Optimizely Commerce integration based on the Find (Search & Navigation) API.
Which package to use?
You can use EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider, EPiServer.Find.Commerce, or both. The Commerce.FindSearchProvider package uses Search & Navigation (Find) as a search provider in Commerce Manager and the ECF search APIs. The Find.Commerce package uses Search & Navigation to search catalog items via the Find API. See Configuring Optimizely Search & Navigation search provider in the Commerce developer guide.
The EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider provides the following functionality:
- Catalog items included in Unified Search results. Projections are configured for Url, ImageUri, and object getter for inheritors of EntryContentBase.
- Catalog items available when creating best bets. The Search & Navigation Best Bets UI lets you select catalog items.
- Enhanced indexing of catalog items. Indexing includes all catalog languages.
- Search provider for catalog items. Catalog items can be searched using Search & Navigation in Optimizely edit view.
Add the Optimizely.Commerce.FindSearchProvider package to the Commerce Manager project using the Package Manager Console (Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Console).
Command: Install-package Optimizely.Commerce.FindSearchProvider
Add the EPiServer.Find.Commerce, EPiServer.Find.Cms, and EPiServer.Find.Framework packages to the CMS project. Run the following command on the CMS project.
Command: Install-package EPiServer.Find.CommerceNote: Ensure that you do not install the EPiServer.Find.Cms package on the Commerce Manager project by mistake.
- Run the Find content indexing scheduled job. EPiServer.Find.Commerce adds data to documents being indexed, so indexed documents only match expected search results after content is reindexed.
Last updated: Mar 24, 2021