Episerver Profile Store is used for storing website visitor profile and behavior data collected by the tracking functionality in Episerver. The data in Profile Store can then be analyzed and used for personalization and omnichannel marketing actions.
Install the required packages, and use the subscription keys and tracking URLs provided by Episerver during service onboarding, to set up Profile Store, see Install and configure tracking for Profile Store.
How it works
Profile Store is the Episerver customer data platform (CDP) for storing data and making it available for usage by other parts of the Episerver platform, and external systems.
Examples of data stored from tracking:
- Visitor profile data. Email, name, location, devices.
- Visitor behavior. Browsing and transaction history.
- Social interaction. Comments, reviews.
Tracking to Profile Store
You can track data to Profile Store in any of the following ways:
- Using attributes like [PageViewTracking] and [CommerceTracking], for Episerver CMS and Episerver Commerce. See Page view tracking and Product tracking.
- Sending track events directly to the tracking REST API. See Tracking API.
Profile Store is also the underlying data storage for Episerver Visitor Intelligence (formerly Episerver Insight), which is the user interface for working with profiles and segments. See Episerver Visitor Intelligence.
- Install and configure tracking
- Using Tracking.Core API with Profile Store
- Profile Store API
- Listing popular content with Profile Store by Paul Gruffydd
- Segments in Profile Store and Insight (Visitor Intelligence) by Dmytro Duk
Last updated: Dec 27, 2017