This topic describes the NuGet packages and initial configuration for the setup of product recommendations and personalized search results with the Episerver Personalization suite. To get personalization running for a site, configure access to the tracking API to post usage data and get recommendations back.
In this topic
- Native integrations
- General integration APIs
- Importing data
- Personalization API
- Profile Store and Visitor Intelligence
- Feature-specific configurations
To install and configure, you need the configuration keys and credentials provided by Episerver during onboarding of the service. Contact Episerver for questions regarding the onboarding process.
- See Installing Episerver to set up Visual Studio with Episerver extensions and the NuGet feed source.
- See Content recommendations to implement Episerver Content Recommendations.
- See below for NuGet packages needed for implementing product and email recommendations, and personalized search results.
In addition to onboarding the service, install the following NuGet packages for the tracking and personalization features:
- EPiServer.Find.Personalization. Native integration for search recommendations (Personalized Search & Navigation).
- EPiServer.Personalization. Integrates Personalization Portal UI (Product Recommendations and Email Product Recommendations) with the Episerver top menu.
- EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce. Native integration for product recommendations (formerly Perform and Reach).
- EPiServer.Personalization.Common. Common base API classes.
- EPiServer.Profiles.Client. Main package for tracking of an Episerver site to Profile Store.
- EPiServer.Profiles.Client.Common. Contains common classes used by other packages.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Cms. CMS integration for tracking of data.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Commerce. Commerce integration for tracking (Product Recommendations and Email Product Recommendations, Profile Store, Personalized Search & Navigation).
- EPiServer.Tracking.Core. Generic package for tracking.
- EPiServer.Tracking.PageView. Native integration for tracking of CMS/content data to Profile Store.
Installing a main native integration package also installs other packages based on dependencies. The package sets provide product-specific access to the tracking APIs:
- Product recommendations for Episerver Commerce
- Episerver Product Recommendations and Email Product Recommendations tracking and recommendations: EPiServer.Personalization.Commerce.
- Episerver Personalization Portal integration: EPiServer.Personalization.
- See Installing and configuring the native integration package for Commerce.
- Personalized search results for Episerver Search & Navigation (formerly Find)
- Episerver Personalized Search & Navigation: EPiServer.Find.Personalization.
- See Personalized Search & Navigation to learn how to install and configure this native integration.
For Episerver Commerce sites, the core part of the personalization functionality consists of a catalog product feed that provides the input data, combined with a tracking script that enables Episerver to track behavior and serve suitable recommendations. When you set up the personalization, you configure the feed and import the source data. See Data import guides.
Customize personalization with the Personalization API. This API contains header information, endpoints, and response messages for tracking and recommendations. The client calls the Personalization API that (primarily) returns product or content recommendations, to be used in various output channels. See Personalization API.
- Episerver Profile Store, also known as the Episerver Customer Data Management Platform, stores tracking data, which then can be processed and used for visualizing data, and segmenting visitor profiles.
- Episerver Visitor Intelligence is the user interface for vizualizing data and segmenting profiles.
See Visitor Intelligence and Personalization to learn how to set up tracking clients and the profile management user interface.
Below are some product/feature-specific configurations.
Email Product Recommendations
Contact Episerver to provide the mapping of email addresses to pseudonymized IDs (enabling use of hashed IDs when using Episerver Campaign), and Episerver will configure this in the Personalization Portal.
Contact Episerver to configure these features:
- Allow updated orders to affect personalization.
- Multi-site support for recommendations.
- Native integrations
- Integration guides
- Data import guides
- Visitor Intelligence and Personalization
- Product Recommendations in the Episerver User Guide
- Triggered Messages in the Episerver User Guide
- Email Recommendations in the Episerver User Guide
Last updated: Jan 31, 2019