Last updated: Aug 29 2018
Getting started with Insight
1. Before you begin
Episerver Insight will not track any data by itself because it is dependent on Episerver Profile Store. You must first install Profile Store for data tracking and storage. Episerver Profile Store tracks and saves data about the behavior of a website visitor each time a visitor views a product, adds a product to wish list or shopping cart, placed an order and so on.
2. Install and configure Insight
As part of the onboarding, Episerver will send the required configuration keys and credentials to the technical contact for your project. Use the keys to install and configure the tracking for your websites. Contact Episerver for questions regarding the onboarding process. Episerver Insight is the user interface for viewing and filtering visitor profiles, and creating segments to be used as input for omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- EPiServer.Profiles.Client. Main package for tracking of an Episerver site to Profile Store.
- EPiServer.Profiles.Client.Common. Common classes used by other packages.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Core. Generic package for tracking.
- EPiServer.Tracking.Cms. CMS integration for tracking.
- EPiServer.Insight.UI. Main package for adding the Episerver Insight user interface.
- EPiServer.Insight.Cms. CMS integration for Insight.
3. View profiles
Profiles are aggregated using tracking events with the same device ID and/or same email address. You csn view generated profiles, or drill into individual profiles.