This topic describes the requirements for cloud-compatible software, tools and services used when working with Episerver Customer-Centric Digital Experience Platform (DXP). This information is useful to ensure that your development environment is compatible with the deployment process and the Azure resources.
Previous knowledge of cloud-based development, and Microsoft Azure in particular, is valuable to get the most out of DXP. See Microsoft Azure to learn more.
- You can run only one Web Application (ASP.NET Web Application project) in your DXP solution. However, you can have unlimited number of sites in that application.
- To ensure maximum availability and scaling flexibility, Episerver Search & Navigation (formerly Find) uses dynamic IP ranges. For example, if you require whitelisting of IP addresses in the firewall, make sure that your firewall supports domain-based whitelisting.
Required software versions
The following overview shows the minimum required versions for Episerver products and modules, and tools and services for deploying to the integration environment. See Installing Episerver updates for information about upgrading Episerver solutions.
|Episerver CMS||EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 11.1.0, EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.2.1||*|
|Episerver Search & Navigation||EPiServer.Find 13.0.3||*|
|Episerver Commerce||EPiServer.Commerce 11.5.0||*|
|Episerver Community API (formerly Social)|
|Episerver Marketing Automation|
|Microsoft Visual Studio||2015||For creating and deploying sites.|
|Episerver CMS Visual Studio extension||11.x||For creating and deploying sites.|
|Microsoft SQL Database||12||For creating bacpac files for database transfers.|
|Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio||12.0.4213.0 (2014 SP1)||For creating bacpac files for database transfers.|
* Only applies to new solutions onboarding DXP; does not apply to solutions already on DXP.
The following features are not supported within Episerver DXP:
- Episerver Mirroring
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
- Episerver Search (default search; uninstall the NuGet package to remove from your solution prior to deployment. Episerver Search & Navigation is included.)
- Solr Search Provider (use Episerver Search & Navigation)
You can deploy using deployment tools for a version controlled team development environment, or deploy through Visual Studio using the Episerver extensions and publish profiles. You can use any deployment tool that supports Azure Resource Manager (ARM); see Deploying code changes.
Note: You must install add-on modules to the integration environment through Visual Studio to work with the DXP deployment process. Do not change the default configuration that disables users from installing to production.
- Google Analytics for Episerver
- Episerver Languages
- Episerver Live Monitor
- Episerver Publish from Office
- Episerver Social Reach
- Episerver Spellchecker for TinyMCE
- Episerver Self-Optimizing Block
- Episerver Visitor Groups Criteria Pack
- SEO Manager
- Site Attention
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for SharePoint
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for CRM-Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for CRM-Salesforce
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Delivra
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Eloqua
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-HubSpot
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Marketo
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Pardot
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Episerver Digital Experience Hub for MA-Watson Marketing (Silverpop)
The following add-ons are not supported in Episerver DXP.
- Episerver CMO
- Episerver Mail
- Episerver Relate
- Episerver Search
Last updated: Apr 02, 2020