This section explains the groups features within the Optimizely Community (formerly Social) API
Groups allow you to combine users and content to create digital communities. Groups are named aggregations, bringing together users and content along a common theme or for a common purpose.
Examples of groups include:
- A department within an organization
- An athletic team
- An interest group
- A brand
The Optimizely Community API provides an extensible system for defining groups within an application. You, as a developer, are able to design features, which allow your application's users to create and manage their digital communities.
This section explains how to use the feature, which lets developers:
- Create groups within your application
- Manage membership within those groups
- Associate content with groups
- Define and manage a system of roles
Last updated: Nov 01, 2016