Note: This section describes the older parts of the order management in Episerver Commerce. The new order management functionality is developed as part of the Marketing system. See Orders for an overview of the new features.
Order management (Legacy)
The Order Management system includes several features to meet your implementation needs:
- Full system API. Multiple shopping carts per customer.
- Incorporate custom shipping and payment gateways or one of the providers included with ECF.
- Add your own tax provider to the checkout process.
- Support for recurring/subscription payments.
- Management of different types of customer addresses.
- Extension of order classes to contain custom data needed for your system.
The core API for checkout and orders is located in the Mediachase.Commerce.Orders namespace.
- OrderContext is a singleton class that retrieves and updates orders through OrderContext.Current.
- The OrderContext.Current object provides access to most of what you need to retrieve or update orders. The objects returned reflect the object hierarchy. (Note: DTOs are much less common in the order system.)
- To save data with order objects, call the AcceptChanges() method. It is common to Order and Profile objects.
- Ancillary classes to retrieve order-related information are in BusinessLayer/CommerceLib/Orders/Managers.
- The meta-classes used by different objects in the order system (for instance Cart, LineItem, ShippingAddress, and so on) are defined in the ecf.order.config file (both back-end and front-end).
Legacy order management parts
- Order object model and database diagram
- Order management classes
- Order addresses
- Shopping cart
- Checkout process
- Recurring orders
- Changing order number sequence
Last updated: Nov 23, 2016