This topic describes how to integrate your iOS app for receiving push messages via Episerver Campaign. It also includes information on how to receive the required code components for the integration and how to use the Software Developer Kit (SDK) .
See Mobile Push how to set up required mobile push components before you start developing.
- iOS version 10.0 or higher.
Registering with Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)
- Open the Firebase console and log in using your Google account.
- Click Add project and create a new project for the app.
- Click Settings and then Project settings.
- Open the Cloud Messaging tab and note the Legacy server key and sender ID for passing to Episerver Campaign.
- Click Settings and then Users and permissions.
- In the navigation on the left-hand side, click Service accounts.
- At the top of the navigation, click + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT.
- Enter the name of the service account and provide an optional service account ID.
- Select Furnish a new private key and activate the JSON option.
- Click Create and save the generated JSON file. The new service account appears in the overview along with the key ID.
Integrating the iOS SDK
- Log in to FCM with your Google Developer account.
- Download the GoogleService-Info.plist with the iOS onfiguration for FCM.
- Add the following code line to your Podfile:
Last updated: Nov 19, 2019