Rework and simplify Find click tracking
Oct 12, 2020
Feb 01, 2021
Closed, Acceptance tests pass
- directs user to the expected page, always (this was an issue with previous release)
- works without server side URL validation which would otherwise has meant a request
to Find and in some cases also a DDS lookup.
- does not break target="blank"
- only fires once for each link (until reloaded or if you go back)
- uses Fetch API for browsers that support it which won't cancel slow track requests, otherwise XHR
- using CTRL+CLICK opens in a new tab like expected and not in current tab.
- support for middleclick and cmd+click (mac)
- does not buffer requests to be sent at another time (which won't happen in cases where user leaves the site)
- clean links (href is the true link) and no onclick attribute.