This feature lets merchandisers sort items within a category. To sort, users must
- Click the sort button to enter "sort mode".
- Select one or more items via the checkbox.
- Drag and drop to the new location.
Alternatively, use the context menu options Move Up/Move Down.
Additional notes about new functionality
When in sort mode:
- Regular toolbar buttons are disabled.
- You cannot sort the View products view by column headers.
- You cannot expand a product to see its variants - you can only sort at the top level of a category. To sort a product's variants, select the product > all properties > variants. Then sort that screen.
- Once you enable Sort mode, it remains enabled in other categories until you disable it.
Changing an item's sort order only affects its order within that category - this gives the flexibility to order items differently in each category.