Jul 02, 2020
Oct 08, 2020
Closed, Fixed and tested
This issue is somewhat tricky to reproduce - please see the attached screencast for demonstration on how to reproduce the issue an Alloy site.
written steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new page with URL segment "Test en", language "en" and publish.
2. Create a translation with URL segment "Test sv", language "sv" and publish.
3. Select current editing language to "en".
4. Move the page to a different location like Page C.
5- Move the to wastebasket or other place ( it does not need to be wastebasket)
5. Create another page to the location Page C by repeating steps 1 and 2.
-> On translated page the "Name in URL" property show "test-sv2". It should show "test-sv", because there isn't a page with the same URL segment at the same level.
6. On translated page, set the "Name in URL" property to "test-sv" and publish.
-> An error occurs: Something went wrong "Name in URL" with value "test-sv" is already in use by Test sv (<ContentId>).
<ContentId> is refererring to the moved page.
I created an eventhandler that clears the content provider's cache after moving content to ensure that the problem is with the cache:
private void ContentEvents_MovedContent(object sender, ContentEventArgs e)
var contentProviderManager = ServiceLocator.Current.GetInstance<IContentProviderManager>();
var contentprovider = contentProviderManager.GetProvider(e.ContentLink.ProviderName);
If the cache is cleared, there will be no issues mentioned above.
Expected: : Name in URL is "test-sv"
Actual: Name in URL is "test-sv2"
<package id="EPiServer.Labs.LanguageManager" version="4.0.0"