Using EPiServer 7 Connect for CRM templates
Connect for CRM templates is a sample project that that gives an example of using Connect for CRM functionality and provided with source code.
This document describes how to use Connect for CRM templates to enable user registration and profile editing.
- EPiServer Connect for CRM module must be installed and configured. Please refer to Configuring EPiServer 7 Connect for CRM document for details.
- EPiServer Connect for CRM templates must be installed on the website.
Enabling registration and profile editing
Connect for CRM templates provides shared block and UI components that can be used to enable registration of new users and profile editing for existing users on the website.
Creating a registration shared block
Log in to EPiServer 7 CMS editorial interface and create new shared block Connect for CRM – Registration Wizard.
Switch to the all properties editing view and enter the block properties to define settings for registration and profile editing as follows:
- Heading. A title that should be displayed on registration and profile editing page.
- Description. Text description that should be displayed on registration and profile editing page.
- Approve new users by default. Select this option if new registered users should be approved by default.
- Default localization. Select a culture that should be used to store localizable data in CRM system or a profile store. For example, the list of countries is translated in 6 languages and displayed. in profile control using UI culture of the current site visitor. However, the CRM system or profile store does not support data localization and are able to store country name for only one language. Default localization culture is used to translate country name before saving it in CRM.
- Notification sender e-mail. E-mail address that should be used as sender when verification and notification e-mails are sent.
- Notification recipient e-mail addresses. The list of recipients of notifications about new user registrations.
- Black list domains. The list of domains that should ignored when trying to find a company by user e-mail address. For example: public mail service domains like gmail.com, hotmail.com, etc.
- Default EPiServer roles. The list of EPiServer CMS website roles that a new user should be added to by default.
- Default CRM roles. The list of virtual roles that a new user should be added to by default. These roles are configured using CRM virtual role provider.
- Registration ticket lifetime in days. How many days a registration ticket is valid and user can continue registration using URL received in verification e-mail.
- Membership provider name. The name of the membership provider that should be used for working with users. The default configured membership provider is used if this parameter is not specified.
When you are done, publish the shared block you have created.
Creating a page for registration and profile editing
Create new or select existing page on web site where users should register and edit profile. Drop shared block for registration and profile editing in content area on selected page. Publish registration page.
Registering a new user
Verifying e-mail address
Anonymous visitors are suggested to enter e-mail address to start registration. To avoid fake registration requests it is also required to recognize and enter CAPTCHA code.
Verification message is sent in order to verify user e-mail address. The message contains the URL to continue registration process that is valid during the configured lifetime of registration ticket.
Creating a new user and profile
When the user opens an URL from verification message, the user can continue the registration. The user sets the password and enters profile data like first name, last name, country and so on. The user also can select a company to be associated with or create new company. Companies are suggested based on the user’s e-mail address.
When the user clicks the Save button the data is validated and new account is created. User and company information is stored in CRM system as corresponding contact and account entities.
Editing a user profile
Authenticated users can edit profile on the same page. Note that data is loaded and stored depending on current profile configuration. Make sure that the CRM profile provider is used to store profile properties that are available for editing.
Please refer to Configuring EPiServer 7 Connect for CRM document for more information.