EPiServer CMS 6 / 6 R2
Document last saved:
This document describes how to use the XmlPageProvider that can be downloaded for EPiServer CMS 6 and 6 R2. Any of these versions is a prerequisite for this installation. Install the XmlPageProvider as follows:
- Download and run the installation package for XmlPageProvider (ZIP file).
- Create a new EPiServer CMS project in Visual Studio.
- Add existing project to the solution.
- Browse to the XmlPageProvider directory and click Open.
- Add a reference to your EPiServer CMS project.
- Create a new xml file and add <pages> root node to it. It will serve as your external repository for the pages.
- Configure your page provider in web.config as described in the Page Providers tech note with the exception being that the type should be "CodeSamples.XmlPageProvider, XmlPageProvider" and the section needs a file path attribute pointing to your externalPages.xml file. Example:
capabilities="Create,Edit,Delete,Search" filePath="<full path to site>\externalPages.xml"/>
You should now be able to use your new external EPiServer CMS page provider.