Breaking Changes in EPiServer CMS 5 R2
The following is a list of breaking changes in EPiServer CMS 5 R2.
- DataFactory.GetPage method does no longer give an Unauthorized Exception when loading an page that the current user does not have access to.
- EPiServer.Global.UrlRewriteProvider has been changed from a public field to a public property.
- The XFormStatistics control no longer uses the file Images/ten.gif to generate its staples, so you can no longer replace it to change the apperance of the staples. If you want to modify their color now you can do so by defining a property called XFormStatisticsColor on the page the XFormStatistics control is used on. XFormStatisticsColor should be a string and can take a name of a css color, or a hex code. You can also set define a property called XFormStatisticsCssClass to set a css class on the generated div, for more advanced customization.
- EPiServer.Core.PageStoreBase has been removed.
- EPiServer.Core.IPageStore has been removed.
- EPiServer.IPageStoreStatistics has been removed.
- EPiServer.DataFactory no longer implement EPiServer.Core.IPageStore, EPiServer.Core.IPageStoreStatistics.
- EPiServer.DataFactory no longer inherit EPiServer.Core.PageStoreBase.
- EPiServer.Web.FriendlyUrlRewriteProvider.UnTouchedPaths now returns a EPiServer.BaseLibrary.Collections.SimpleList<string> instead of an System.Collections.Generic.IList<string>
- EPiServer.Xforms.Xform.PageId has been removed. Use PageGuid property instead.
- LanguageNotFound exception is not longer thrown when asking for a none existing language (given that page exist). Instead null is returned.
- Class EPiServer.LocalPageStore has changed name to EPiServer.LocalPageProvider
- Classes EPiServer.Core.PageDataFacade and EPiServer.Core.PropertyDataCollectionFacade has been removed.
- EPiServer.Security.AccessLevel is moved to EPiServer.Baselibrary assembly (there is a redirect directive so it should not break)
- EPiServer.UrlBuilder.AppRelativePath has been removed.
EPiServer.Web.Hosting.NativeFileSummary.SaveChanges() will now throw an exception.
This means that calling UnifiedFile.Summary.SaveChanges() will throw an exception if the backing Virtual Path Provider is an EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathNativeProvider (or another provider which does not support storing of file summaries).
Check IUnifiedSummary.CanPersist before saving changes to the summary.