Installation Instructions for Episerver Connect for CRM
|Product version:||Episerver Connect for CRM 1.2|
Document last saved:
This document describes the necessary steps to install the EPiServer Connect for CRM demo package for EPiServer CMS 6. Installing the CRM demo package is completed by using the EPiServer Deployment Center.
- Installation Packages
- Installing Connect for CRM Module
- Installing Connect for CRM Template Package
- Configuration of EPiServer Connect for CRM
- Salesforce - an edition with API required
The following conditions must be met before installing the CRM demo package:
- EPiServer CMS 6 is required.
- Templates from the Demo Template package must be installed, since these templates are also used by the CRM demo templates (“My settings” page).
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1 must be installed; this can be downloaded from here.
Note that if you have modified the templates from Demo Template package, you may receive unexpected results when compiling or viewing the website. The CRM demo package installation does not overwrite any files included in the Demo Template package.
There are two packages included in the installation of EPiServer Connect for CRM: the Connect for CRM module package and the Templates package; see below for more information.
Connect for CRM package - ConnectForCRM.msi
This package is the actual module Connect for CRM. It contains all runtime assemblies of EPiServer Connect for CRM. They implement functionality such as: load/save information from/to CRM application, providing Role management based on CRM entity properties (Virtual Role Provider), storing user profile information in CRM application and so on. This package does not install any pages to EPiServer CMS. Depending on your needs you may install Templates package (see below) which contains ready for use UI components.
Templates package - ConnectForCRMTemplate.msi
This package contains UI components: User Registration Wizard control and page template to host it. The package should be installed on top of Connect for CRM. User Registration Wizard is a control which gives the ability for new users to register on EPiServer website.
Installing Connect for CRM Module
- Download and run the installation package (MSI file). After installation is complete the installation window will be closed automatically.
- Open the EPiServer Deployment Center.
- Select Installing Connect for CRM by double-clicking it. The installation process will begin.
- Select EPiServer web application to install the module on.
- Fill the form with settings (see below):
a. For Microsoft CRM you are required to fill in the following fields:
i. “Content web service URL” – a link to MS CRM web service.
Currently it is:
ii. “Metadata web service URL” – a link to MS CRM metadata web service.
Currently it is:
iii. “User interface URL” – a link to MS CRM user interface URL pattern.
Currently it is:
http://customer.crm.com:5555/ or http://customer.crm.com:5555/EPiServer
iv. “User name” – a login name for MS CRM application (optional).
v. “Domain name” – a login domain name for MS CRM application (optional).
vi. “Password” – a password for MS CRM application (optional).
b. For SalesForce you are required to fill in the following fields:
i. “User interface URL” – A URL to your SalesForce website. Used to create links to website data (for example links to new registered user). You can get URLfrom SalesForce Web site. Log in with your account. Look in the address line in your browser. Copy the first part of the address and enter it in to the User interface URL field. For example: . This will not affect the Test connection operation.
ii. “User name” - a login name for Sales Force service.
iii. “Password” – a password+token for the Sales Force service.
Password – is the password + token for the SalesForce web service. You can request a token from the Sales Force Web site. You must log in with your account. Open Setup-Personal Setup-My Personal Information-Reset My Security Token and follow the instructions present there. After receiving an email with your token enter the password and security token in the password field. For example, if your password is "myPassword" and your security token is "XXXXXXX", you will enter "myPasswordXXXXXXX" into the password field.
c. You could test the connection by clicking the Test Connection button to verify your connection settings.
d. Enter caching time (in seconds) for data from the CRM system. You could enter 0 to work without a cache. Use a standard Microsoft ASP.NET cache for EPiServer Connect for CRM data.
e. Click Next.https://na2.salesforce.com
- Enter the path to the License file for EPiServer Connect for CRM module. You can leave it empty if you already have copied it into the web application folder or are planning to do that later. Click Install and wait until installation finishes.
Installing Connect for CRM Template Package
Download and run the template package (MSI file) and wait until its window disappears.
Open EPiServer Deployment Center.
Select Installing EPiServer CMS Connect for CRM Template by double-clicking it or clicking Run. The installation process will begin.
Choose the EPiServer CMS web application to install Connect for CRM module and press Next.
Fill the form with settings (see below) and click Next to finish the installation.
a. “Black list of domains”
– a list of public email domains delimited with colon or semicolon. These public domains should not be used to find an existing company in registration form.
b. “Confirmation mail sender”
- an email address from which a confirmation letter to a user will be sent.
c. “Notification mail sender”
an email address from which a notification letter to a user will be sent.
d. “Notification mail recipient”
- list of email addresses (delimited with comma or semicolon) where notification letter will be sent after new user registered.
e. “Enable registration logging”
- the checkbox enable logging during registration to EPiServer CRM logs.
f. “Log name”
- the name for log items of EPiServer Connect for CRM which are present in the EPiServer CMS log file.
g. “Default CRM roles”
- a list of CRM role which new user will be automatically added to. You can use predefined roles: Low, Medium and High.
h. “Default EPiServer roles”
- a list of groups of EPiServer CMS Web site like “WebEditors” or “WebAdmins” which new user will be automatically added to.
Configuration of EPiServer Connect for CRM
In order to configure EPiServer Connect for CRM, please refer to the Tech Note Configuring EPiServer Connect for CRM.
Salesforce Application Requires API support
Check that the Salesforce application edition used as part of the solution has API support, the API support is required in order to communicate with EPiServer CMS. Some editions of Salesforce do not have API support, check with the Salesforce sales agent regarding this.
For development/test/demo proposes it is possible to create Salesforce developer accounts - contact Salesforce regarding this.