Installation instructions – EPiServer CMS 7.1
This document describes the installation of the EPiServer CMS 7.1 editorial interface. The upgrade is available as an add-on from the feed in the Add-on Store inside EPiServer.
- EPiServer 7 platform and EPiServer 7 CMS installed, see Installation Instructions for EPiServer 7. There you will also find information about required patches.
Note When upgrading the user interface from CMS 7 to CMS 7.1, it is recommended that the update is first done in a test environment, and then deployed to production environment using normal deployment procedures. For load balanced environments this is currently also the only alternative.
Installing EPiServer CMS 7.1
Install the EPiServer 7.1 CMS update as follows:
- Log in to EPiServer, select Add-ons in the global menu > Updates.
- You should be able to see the following new updates:
- Edit UI
- UI Platform
- Add-on UI
- Add-on Platform
- Select Update on the Edit UI add-on to install all available updates in correct order (because of their internal dependency configuration).
- When the installation is finished, click Restart site.
- When you are done, you can continue and install, for example, the optional the Self-Optimizing Block and Social Reach add-on and then restart the site.
- In some cases the installation succeeds but the UI displays a blank screen. A work around for this issue is to remove temporary ASP.NET files for the site.
- Make sure that that the application pool user of the target site has read, modify, and create permissions in the site folder and in the site VPP folder. If not, your update will fail.
- If you are using the Alloy MVC package downloaded before 2013-04-09 it contains changes to files which conflicts with the upgrade process. Try to download the Alloy MVC package again and the upgrade should succeed.
- To apply the automatic design for blocks when using the Self-Optimizing Block, some changes are required to the Alloy templates. The following design fixes are available as downloads:
- If you have an EPiServer Commerce 1 R3 site and upgrade this to CMS 7.1, you might experience trouble accessing the edit view after the upgrade. You can download the following hotfix files for this issue:
Download and extract the files, and follow the instructions included to apply them to your site.
Installation instructions for Self-Optimizing Block design fix
Install the design fix for the Self-Optimizing Block as follows:
- Install the Self-Optimizing Block as an add-on from the Add-on Store.
- Add a reference to EPiServer.Cms.AddOns.Blocks assembly in the Alloy project.
Set copy local="false".
- Unzip the package and include the extracted file to the Alloy project, for example, under Business\WebControls.
Last updated: September 26, 2013