This section provides information on how to use the IRegistrar interface in EPiServer Commerce. This interface allows for the ability to have self-registered users who do not need any back-end access functionality. A common use case for this would to have a user store for management functions of your site, and another user store for customers who buy things from your e-commerce site. The idea behind the interface is to use the EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocator to register the default instance of the interface. Then in your front-end code you can use the ServiceLocator instance when writing your controllers so you could easily switch to a new IRgistrar user store in the future if need be.
This configuration requires the following nuget packages as dependency:
- String AuthenticationType
This property is used to set the OWIN Authentication Type
- IPrincipal CreateUser(string userName, string password, string email);
This method will create a user in the user store and then return a ClaimsPrincipal. The principal should contain the following claims for roles Everyone and Registered
- void DeleteUser(string userName);
This method will delete the user
- bool ChangePassword(string userName, string oldPassword, string newPassword);
This method will change the password of the user
- ClaimsIdentity CreateIdentity(string userName);
This method will create the ClaimsIdentity with the proper claims provided by the user store
- bool ValidateUser(string userName, string password);
This method will validate the userName and password
- void SignIn(AuthenticationProperties properties, params ClaimsIdentity identities);
This method should be called in the controller when logging in a user. The method should get the owin context and signin with the Authentication property of the OwinContext.