This document describes the various parts of the configuration elements related to facets and filters in EPiServer Commerce. The configuration file is located in the Configs folder and is called Mediachase.Search.Filters.config.
The configuration file contains the following elements:
- Filter is the Facet Group.
- Filter [field] is the name of the field/meta field being filtered.
- Filter/Description contains the localized text for a facet group. This determines what will be displayed at the top of the side menu.
- Filter/Values contains all of the facets for that facet group.
Each facet group should only have one type of facet. The different facet types are described below.
SimpleValue - a string value
- [key] attribute is not used but should be lowercase.
- [value] is the lookup key value, must always be lowercase.
- .Description [defaultLocale] specifies which localized description will be used where no localization is specified.
- .Description .Description [locale] specifies the culture code of the filter description.
- .Description .Description is the value to display in the SideMenu, based on the locale.
PriceRangeValue - price ranges
- [key] is the lookup key value, must always be lowercase. The options are under-number, number-number, and over-number.
- [currency] is a three-character currency code that corresponds to the code selected in the tiered pricing collection of a SKU.
- [lowerbound] refers to the numeric lower end of the range.
- [upperbound] is the numeric upper end of the range.
- [lowerboundincluded] must be either true or false. It indicates whether the lowerbound value is included in the filtered range. For instance if lowerboundincluded is set to truefor a $200-$300 filter range, items which are exactly $200 would be included in the results.
- [upperboundincluded] must be either true or false. It indicates whether the upperbound value is included in the filtered range.
RangeValue - numeric ranges, values must be 0-10
- This type matches a range of numeric values.
- This filter data type only supports values less than 10.
- If a numeric type like float or decimal is used in defining the meta class, an additional attribute setting, numeric=true, must be used.
- A string meta field types may be used and the numeric attribute is not relevant.
- These values, including numeric values, are all passed as string values to Lucene, which then treats theme as Double values.
- Attributes are a subset of the PriceRangeValue filter data type.