This section provides an introduction to the Marketing features of EPiServer Commerce.
The Marketing capabilities are based on the following components:
- Campaigns - a way to organize marketing activities. Campaigns must be associated with Promotions in order to provide customer discounts. Optionally, Campaigns can also be tied to Customer Segments for targeted marketing purposes.
- Promotions - a promotion is a marketing tool used to increase sales of certain products or product lines. Promotions provide a way to apply various discounts to the products, order totals or shipping. Various incentives such as lowered pricing and other discounts can be employed as part of a Promotion.
- Customer Segments - these determine the target audience for the Promotions. Within a Campaign, all Promotions will be applied to whatever Customer Segments have been associated with the same Campaign. Members of the Customer Segments can be pre-defined in static groups or you can use the Expressions Engine to create dynamic groups whenever Promotions are run.
- Expressions - these are customizable Conditions which allow users to extend different aspects of the Marketing system -- Promotions, Customer Segments and Policies all rely on Expressions. There is an Expressions Engine which is a core technology behind the Marketing system.
- Policies - rules that are always executed when Promotions are applied. This allows a Marketing manager to declare rules just once for the whole site.
The programming interfaces of these components are described in more detail in this section. Refer also to the User Guide for EPiServer Commerce, for more information on how to work with marketing features.