Localization is the ability to display the user interface in different languages. By default, the EPiServer Commerce user interface comes in a number of languages, and can be further localized with additional languages. The localization procedure differs somewhat between the Commerce user interface and the legacy Commerce Manager back-end system.
Commerce user interface
The Commerce plugable add-on user interface is localized using the EPiServer localization services in the same way as for CMS. Refer to the Localization service section in the EPiServer Framework SDK for more information.
Commerce Manager user interface
Do the following to add additional languages for localization of the user interface in the Commerce Manager back-end system:
- Change the associated key values of those files of your Resx files under App_GlobalResources. Each key/value pair corresponds to a particular function in the EPiServer Commerce administration interface.
- The recommended approach is to make a copy of existing resx files and rename them, in order to keep existing resx files and allow for multiple languages. This is not necessary, but you can rebuild your solution if you wish to do so. Open each resx file using Visual Studio, and edit each key/value pair to match your language.
- Update the ecf.app.config under your Admin folder or whichever folders IIS is pointing to. Add the new language to enable the language to be selectable by EPiServer Commerce users.
Example: language configuration
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Application defaultApplicationName="ecommerceframework"> <Roles> <add name="AdminRole" value="Admins" /> <add name="ManagerUserRole" value="Management Users" /> <add name="EveryoneRole" value="Everyone" /> <add name="RegisteredRole" value="Registered" /> </Roles> <Connection connectionStringName="EcfSqlConnection" /> <Cache enabled="true" appTimeout="0:0:10" /> <Languages> <add key="en-us" value="English"></add> <add key="ru-ru" value="Russian"></add> <add key="sv-SE" value=NewSwedishLanguage></add> </Languages> </Application>
- Globalization in the EPiServer Commerce SDK.
- Globalization in the EPiServer CMS SDK.
- Localization service in the EPiServer CMS SDK.