This document provides an introduction to globalization in EPiServer Commerce. By globalization we mean the possibility to create and display website content in different languages, as well as the possibility to make the user interface appear in different languages through the localization of user facing texts.
When describing the language concept in EPiServer, the following language setting types are mentioned:
- System language. Used to control date/time formating, sort order etc.
- User interface language. Controls the localized (translated) resources to display, determines the language of the user interface.
- Content language. The preferred language when displaying content. Content can be for instance a page or a block, as well as a product from the product catalog.
Refer to the Globalization section of the EPiServer CMS SDK for a more detailed explanation of the language management concept in EPiServer. Refer to the Localization section in the EPiServer Commerce SDK for more information on how to work with localization in Commerce.
- Globalization in the EPiServer CMS SDK.
- Localization services in the EPiServer CMS SDK.
- Localization section in the EPiServer Commerce SDK.