The EPiServer platform consists of the EPiServer framework with a core user interface, CMS and Commerce for content management and e-commerce, and other modules supporting marketing automation and social interaction features.
The EPiServer Add-on Store contains a broad selection of ready-to-use add-ons to extend the functionality of a solution. You also can build your own add-ons to create customized functionality for your EPiServer solution.
EPiServer has a web solution toolkit, including sample templates and a plug-in for Visual Studio to get your website development project quickly up and running.
- Optimization layer measures, analyzes and optimizes the performance of website content, such as conversion rates for a campaign landing page.
- Delivery layer includes support for responsive design and templates based on WebForms and MVC, and also support for building advanced search and filtering features.
- Creation layer manages content such as pages and blocks, or e-commerce content such as products and orders. Content can be personalized, and can also be part of an approval workflow with authorization applied.
- Data layer provides the information from one or more content providers (which can originate from the database) and external data sources that are integrated with EPiServer.
EPiServer provides global system access and search through the OnlineCenter, the Add-on Store for easy-access to modules and upgrades, and the EPiServer Find search module for the creation of advanced search based site navigations.
The foundation of EPiServer CMS is an open and layered architecture, allowing for almost any type of integration using standard technology. The base is comprised of layers for presentation, business and data services, and providers for managing security and authentication, and also content providers for integration purposes.
EPiServer CMS provides core features for content and presentation management:
- Typed model for content types
- Property controls
- User controls
- .NET and EPiServer controls
- Administration and Edit view
- Publishing workflow
- Globalization support
- Friendly URL management
- Version management
- Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET