The EPiServer user interface is component-based and pluggable. The UI framework is used in both EPiServer CMS and EPiServer Commerce.
You can also download and install an EPiServer sample site to explore an example of how the user interface is implemented.
- Support for drag-and-drop functionality based on the DND system in Dojo.
- Extendable navigation for easy access to customized modules from the top global menu.
- Support for Dojo Toolkit including Dijit for widgets, as well as JQuery.
- The same user interface framework is used across platform parts.
Examples of extentable parts
The EPiServer user interface is component-based and pluggable, which means that you can do the following:
- Customized gadgets to the left and right panes in the editorial user interface
- Customized gadgets to the dashboard
- Plug-ins to the administration interface