Deploy using source environment
You can deploy code from a source environment using the Deployment API for Episerver Digital Experience Cloud service.
How it works
This functionality is similar to the deployments done through DXC service management portal. You can copy a BLOB/DB from a source environment to target by deploying with this approach. You could also deploy content only (BLOBs/DB), which you cannot do using the code package deployments. When you deploy using the source environment, you can specify which of the two apps (CMS/Commerce) or both that you want to copy from a source environment to target.
The process of deployment is as follows:
- Start deployment from a source environment (copy code and BLOB/DB) to a target environment's Web App slot.
- Track deployment status until the first stage of deployment is completed.
- Verify the site on the slot (manually or using automated smoke tests).
- Complete or Reset deployment depending on the verification results.
The Deployment API is composed of the following RESTful operations. To simplify the API usage, a PowerShell module wraps the operations as cmdlets.
- Get a BLOB storage location to which a code package needs to be uploaded.
- Start a code deployment with the uploaded code package or from a source environment for a project identifier.
- Get a specific deployment detail for a project and deployment identifier combination.
- Get a list of deployments for a project identifier.
- Complete a code deployment for a project and deployment identifier combination.
- Reset a code deployment for a project and deployment identifier combination.
Last updated: Oct 17, 2019